Document Pulls

Who can I contact if I need a copy of a cancelled check along with the backup documentation?
If you need a copy of a canceled check along with your back up, please note it on your request and we will contact the necessary department to retrieve that for you.

If you only want a cancelled check, submit a payment request inquiry.

Can only certain people request documentation? 
Anyone in the department that has access to the department levels can request backup documents.

What do I need to do to request a document?

Email records@cfo.pitt.edu with a copy of the level with the information that you want backup for circled - please don't highlight. Include your phone number along with your fax number in case we need more information. Also note that you cannot receive any originals and you cannot receive backup from any other department.

What do I do if I think I've been charged twice on my levels?

If you think that you have been charged twice on your levels, contact Payment Processing & Compliance at paymentprocessingcs@cfo.pitt.edu.

How will I receive my documents?

All documents FRS has on file will be emailed to you.

Where do I send Journal entries?

Does FRS have backup for journal entries? 
FRS only has back up for journal batches that have ADMIN in the batch name. For more information on Journals, please see the following General Accounting Webpages:

Level Reports

I have a charge on my levels that does not belong to me, what should I do?
Email your level page with the incorrect charge to FRS at records@cfo.pitt.edu. Circle the charge in question. If the charge was charged incorrectly to your account and does not have a Purchase Order associated with it, please send it to  Payment Processing to correct at paymentprocessingcs@cfo.pitt.edu.

I am being audited and I am missing documentation for charges on my accounts. Can you help me?

Yes, email your level report(s) with the charges you need circled to FRS at records@cfo.pitt.edu. Please allow 2 business days for documents older than 3 months.

Access (Records Storage)

What Department is Access?

Access is a subcontracted document storage company that is used by the University. It is not associated with the University outside of the current document storage contract.

Can any department use Access or is it restricted to FRS only?
Access approval access and set up is done through University Archives. If you have a document storage need and would like more information on how to get set up with an Access account please visit www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/archives/records_management.html

Who retrieves my documents if they are over 3 months old and are at Access?
FRS retrieves any Accounts Payable documents that are on file at Access.